Rules & Regulations
Cadence Academy of Design – Rules & Regulations
- The corporate centre and Head Office of Cadence Academy of design Pvt. Ltd. is situated at Haakim Arcade, 2nd Floor, WHC Road, Coffee House Square, Dharampeth, Nagpur- 440010.
- Student's helpline nos. are 0712-2567792 and 7304299086.
- The official website is www.cadenceacademy.in.
- Cadence Academy is the Industrial Training Partner of a UGC recognized University.
- Students must have their valid Cadence Student ID, generated by the cadence automation system. Without the valid cadence student's id, they won’t be considered as bona-fide Cadence students.
- Classes will commence in the month of July and will be conducted till April.The exams will be conducted in the month of May/June for the Academic session.
1.The institute will be functional, and classes will be conducted for 210 academic days excluding (90 offs - national & local holidays, Sundays, get together, tours and others) out of 300 calendar days.
- Out of the 210 days, a student is permitted to utilize 25% i.e. 53 days for personal reasons, illnesses and any other unforeseen circumstances.
- The student compulsorily has to attend the remaining days of Personal Contact Program i.e. a minimum 75% attendance i.e. 157 days is compulsory.
- If the minimum attendance benchmark is not achieved, then the student will not be allowed to appear for his / her final exams under any circumstances.
2.Mobile Phone: Mobile Phones, Smartphones, Tablets etc. are not allowed in the premises. If the student has kept the mobile phone with him / her and is found using it or rings or any kind of disturbance is caused because of the phone in the classroom, then the student will be asked to leave the classroom and will be marked absent.
3.Students will be responsible for taking care of their own belongings. The institute will not be responsible for any loss or damage
4. Submission: All submissions have to be given in a timely manner according to the dates announced by the Faculties and, or the Academics Department. Failure in doing the same will result in submissions not being accepted later than the last date. Such submissions then will be marked late. submissions will not be allotted to the student. There will be no extensions to the deadlines.
5. Format of Internal marks:
- For Theoretical Subjects, 30 marks are allocated out of 100 as internal marks. Out of which 10 marks are for the Monthly Module Tests, 10 Marks are for class performance/ Submissions and 10 marks for Viva Voce.
- For Practical Subjects, 50 out of 100 Marks are allocated for Viva Voce and the remaining 50 for Project class performance/ Submissions.
6.Late Coming: All students have to come on time according to the batch allotted. However, a grace period of 5 minutes will be allowed. If the student arrives any later than that, he/she will not be allowed to attend class that day and will be marked absent. The batch timings may be changed when the session changes.
7.Repetition of Topics: Topics once completed will not be repeated for students who are absent or have been sent out of class in case of indiscipline. If need arises, revision will be done but not repetition.
8.Suggestions, Feedback, and Complaints: Students are required to submit suggestions, feedback and complaints through the Automation System or app. Students will be responsible for timely filing of suggestions, feedback or complaints when necessary. Students will have to report complaints/grievances within 7 days from day of occurrence. Issues reported later than that will not be accepted whatsoever. Suggestions, Feedback and Complaints will not be accepted or entertained in oral form. Students are advised to use the Feedback Section from the Automation System and app.
9.Tracking: Tracking of Attendance, submissions, fees and other records have to be done from time to time by the students themselves on the ERP / Automation system. Issues arising due to oversight or negligence on the students’ part to monitor the same will not be entertained. Any irregularities noticed in the records on the automation system have to be brought to the notice of the faculties or management in the form of complaint in accordance with clause No.6 mentioned above.
10.Collection of Receipts: It is the students’ responsibility to collect a valid receipt at the time of payment of fees. Discrepancies related to fee payment, fines, dues etc. will not be entertained without presenting a valid receipt at the time of complaint.
11.GST: GST will be extra as & when applicable on all payment on Fees, Dues, Fines etc.
12.Payment of Fees: The student will have to pay the fees, according to the options discussed and between 1st to the 10th only of every month. In case the student is unable to pay the installment on time (within the days allotted), a fine of Rs. 100 per day after the 10th day of the month will be levied upon the defaulted installment till the end of the month.
- A maximum of Rs. 2100 only can be collected as fine per month. In case the student is unable to pay even after the month ends, then the student will not allowed to attend class and will be marked absent from the 1st day of the next month, till the time the defaulted installment is not cleared.
- The student will only be allowed to continue classes once all fees, fines, dues etc. are cleared.
- In this case, the resulting absenteeism will affect the attendance of the student and if the student is not able to achieve the minimum benchmark of attending 75% classes, the student will not be allowed to appear for exams whatsoever.
- Every installment will be considered as a fresh instance and the rule will be applicable similarly on all instalments.
- All the Fees will have to be paid in advance.
- No refund will be given after 2 months from commencement of classes.
- If the student has paid the full amount of registration and wishes to cancel his/her admission before commencement of Classes, then only 50% of the registration amount will be refunded.
- No refund will be given on partial payment of registration fees.
- If the student wishes to cancel his / her admission within two months from the commencement of classes, he/she can do so but refund will be given only after deducting the Registration amount and per month Class conduction charges (as per the fee payment option chosen by the student).
- Class conduction charges would be calculated on the basis of the Calendar Plan
14. Rules for Admission Cancellation
- If a candidate fails to pay the full/complete down payment/registration or installment amount before the commencement of the class, then his/her admission will be treated as canceled and the refunds will be as per the rules of refund mentioned herein.
- If a candidate fails to pay his/her regular installments continuously for two months then his/her admission will be treated as canceled and the refunds will be as per the rules of refund mentioned herein.
- If a student fails to attend classes for more than two months then his/her admission will be treated as canceled and the refunds will be as per the rules of refund mentioned herein.
- If a student fails to pay his/her fines & penalties then his/her admission will be treated as canceled and the refunds will be as per the rules of refund mentioned herein.
- If a student is found misbehaving in the campus or in the classroom then his/her admission will be treated as canceled and no refunds of any kind will be given.
- If a student damages the property of the Institute then his/her admission will be treated as canceled and no refunds of any kind will be given.
- Default in payment of Fees, Fines,Dues etc.
15.Eligibility for Examination:
- All Dues to be cleared.
- Minimum of 75% attendance to be achieved.
16.Saturday Activities, Workshops, Events, Seminars, Site-Visits etc. organized by the institute are compulsory activities.
17.Students will have to wear Cadence T-shirt on Saturdays and days of Activities compulsorily. Failing which students will not be allowed to attend the activity / class and will be marked absent.
18.Eatables are strictly not allowed in the Classroom.
19.There will be an increase in the Fees every Year.
20.Transfer: Transfer to another centre would be possible only according to student transfer rules laid down by Cadence Academy of Design.
21.Issue of Enrolment/Registration Number, conduction of exams, issuance of hall tickets, declaration of results, issuance of marksheets, certificates, diplomas, and degrees are the sole responsibilities of the University. Cadence Academy of Design is in no way responsible if the same is delayed, or not delivered or not conducted by the University.
22.For day to day communication, problems, issues or grievances, the student shall only communicate with the local centre where they have enrolled themselves.
23.Certificates/ Diplomas / Degrees etc. issued do not guarantee any kind of job or employment and neither is Cadence Academy responsible for guaranteed placements. They simply denote successful completion of the respective courses.
24.Without submission of Thesis / Portfolio the marksheets will not be issued.
25. Re-examination: If a student fails or is not able to appear in the exam in the current session then he/she can reappear for exams after six month by paying just the Exam fee of Rs.3,000/-.
- In case the student is still not able to appear for exams (for whatever reason), and wishes to reappear after the six month period, he/she will have to pay the exam fee of Rs.3,000/- along with an additional amount of Rs.5000/-. This amount will be charged for every attempt thereon. The student can make the payment in the name of 'Himalayan University'.
26.Student Of the Month: To qualify for student of the month, a student should have min 75% attendance, min. total score of 60 and should fill the monthly dash board.
27.Issue Of Free Material / Student Startup Kit
- The free start-up Kit is issued only after the Down payment is received.
- The material issued to the first year is. (Cadence Bag Pack, course Book, SketchBook, Cadence T-Shirt)
- The Material issued to Second & Third Year is ( Course Book ).
- The exam will be conducted in the English language.
- The monetary fine levied is applicable only on late payment of 'fee'as mentioned in the point No.12
28.students can request only for clarification regarding the written rules and regulations within 7 working days(only) of signing this documents, however rules will not be amended/changed.
29..Student Of the Month: To qualify for student of the month, a student should have min 75% attendance, min. total score of 60 and should fill the monthly dash board.