Rules & Regulations
Cadence Academy of Design – Rules & Regulations
- The corporate center and Head Office of Cadence Academy of design Pvt. Ltd. is situated at Haakim Arcade, 2nd Floor, WHC Road, Coffee House Square, Dharampeth, Nagpur- 440010.
- Student's helpline nos. are 0712-2567792 and 7304299086.
- The official website is www.cadenceacademy.in.
- Cadence Academy is the Industrial Training Partner of a UGC recognized University.
- Students must have their valid Cadence Student ID, generated by the cadence automation system. Without the valid cadence student's id, they won’t be considered as bonafide Cadence students.
- Classes will commence in the month of July and will be conducted till April. The exams will be conducted in the month of May/June for the Academic session.
1. The institute will be functional, and classes will be conducted for 210 academic days excluding (90 offs - national & local holidays, Sundays, get together, tours, and others) out of 300 calendar days.
- Out of the 210 days, a student is permitted to utilize 25% i.e. 53 days for personal reasons, illnesses, and any other unforeseen circumstances.
- The student compulsorily has to attend the remaining days of the Personal Contact Program i.e. a minimum of 75% attendance i.e. 157 days is compulsory.
- If the minimum attendance benchmark is not achieved, then the student will not be allowed to appear for his / her final exams under any circumstances.
2.Mobile Phone: Mobile Phones, Smartphones, Tablets, etc. are not allowed on the premises. If the student has kept the mobile phone with him/her and is found using it or rings or any kind of disturbance is caused because of the phone in the classroom, then the student will be asked to leave the classroom and will be marked absent.
3. Students will be responsible for taking care of their own belongings. The institute will not be responsible for any loss or damage
4. Submission: All submissions have to be given in a timely manner according to the dates announced by the Faculties and, or the Academics Department. Failure in doing the same will result in submissions not being accepted later than the last date. Such submissions then will be marked late. submissions will not be allotted to the student. There will be no extensions to the deadlines.
5. Format of Internal marks:
- For Theoretical Subjects, 30 marks are allocated out of 100 as internal marks. Out of which, 10 marks are for the Monthly Module Tests, 10 Marks are for class performance/ Submissions and 10 marks for Viva Voce.
- For Practical Subjects, 50 out of 100 Marks are allocated for Viva Voce and the remaining 50 for Project class performance/ Submissions.
6.Late Coming: All students have to come on time according to the batch allotted. However, a grace period of 5 minutes will be allowed. If the student arrives any later than that, he/she will not be allowed to attend a class that day and will be marked absent. The batch timings may be changed when the session changes.
7.Repetition of Topics: Topics once completed will not be repeated for students who are absent or have been sent out of class in case of indiscipline. If the need arises, the revision will be done but not repetition.
8.Suggestions, Feedback, and Complaints: Students are required to submit suggestions, feedback, and complaints through the Automation System or app. Students will be responsible for timely filing of suggestions, feedback, or complaints when necessary. Students will have to report complaints/grievances within 7 days from the day of the occurrence. Issues reported later than that will not be accepted whatsoever. Suggestions, Feedback, and Complaints will not be accepted or entertained in oral form. Students are advised to use the Feedback Section from the Automation System and app.
9.Tracking: Tracking of Attendance, submissions, fees, and other records have to be done from time to time by the students themselves on the ERP / Automation system. Issues arising due to oversight or negligence on the students’ part to monitor the same will not be entertained. Any irregularities noticed in the records on the automation system have to be brought to the notice of the faculties of management in the form of complaint in accordance with clause No.6 mentioned above.
10.Collection of Receipts: It is the students’ responsibility to collect a valid receipt at the time of payment of fees. Discrepancies related to fee payment, fines, dues, etc. will not be entertained without presenting a valid receipt at the time of the complaint.
11.GST: GST will be extra as & when applicable on all payments on Fees, Dues, Fines, etc.
12.Payment of Fees: The student will have to pay the fees, according to the options discussed and between the 1st to the 10th only of every month. In case the student is unable to pay the installment on time (within the days allotted), a fine of Rs. 100 per day after the 10th day of the month will be levied upon the defaulted installment till the end of the month.
- If a holiday falls on the last day of installment then the fees can be paid on the next immediate operational day. However the per day late fee will be applicable if the same is not adhered.
- A maximum of Rs. 2100 only can be collected as fine per month. In case the student is unable to pay even after the month ends, then the student will not be allowed to attend class and will be marked absent from the 1st day of the next month, till the time the defaulted installment is not cleared.
- If a holiday falls on the last day of installment then the fees can be paid on the next immediate operational day. However the per day late fee will be applicable if the same is not adhered to.
- The student will only be allowed to continue classes once all fees, fines, dues, etc. are cleared.
- In this case, the resulting absenteeism will affect the attendance of the student and if the student is not able to achieve the minimum benchmark of attending 75% classes, the student will not be allowed to appear for exams whatsoever.
- Every installment will be considered as a fresh instance and the rule will be applied similarly to all installments.
- All the Fees will have to be paid in advance.
- No refund will be given after 2 months from the commencement of classes.
- If the student has paid the full amount of registration and wishes to cancel his/her admission before the commencement of Classes, then only 50% of the registration amount will be refunded.
- No refund will be given on partial payment of registration fees.
- If the student wishes to cancel his / her admission within two months from the commencement of classes, he/she can do so but a refund will be given only after deducting the Registration amount and per month Class conduction charges (as per the fee payment option chosen by the student).
- Class conduction charges would be calculated on the basis of the Calendar Plan
14. Rules for Admission Cancellation
- If a candidate fails to pay the full/complete down payment/registration or installment amount before the commencement of the class, then his/her admission will be treated as canceled and the refunds will be as per the rules of refund mentioned herein.
- If a candidate fails to pay his/her regular installments continuously for two months then his/her admission will be treated as canceled and the refunds will be as per the rules of refund mentioned herein.
- If a student fails to attend classes for more than two months then his/her admission will be treated as canceled and the refunds will be as per the rules of refund mentioned herein.
- If a student fails to pay his/her fines & penalties then his/her admission will be treated as canceled and the refunds will be as per the rules of refund mentioned herein.
- If a student is found misbehaving on the campus or in the classroom then his/her admission will be treated as canceled and no refunds of any kind will be given.
- If a student damages the property of the Institute then his/her admission will be treated as canceled and no refunds of any kind will be given.
- Default in payment of Fees, Fines, Dues, etc.
15.Eligibility for Examination:
- All Dues to be cleared.
- Minimum of 75% attendance to be achieved.
16. Saturday Activities, Workshops, Events, Seminars, Site-Visits etc. organized by the institute are compulsory activities.
17. Students will have to wear a Cadence T-shirt on Saturdays and days of Activities compulsorily. Failing which students will not be allowed to attend the activity/class and will be marked absent.
18. Eatables are strictly not allowed in the Classroom.
19. There will be an increase in Fees every Year.
20.Transfer: Transfer to another center would be possible only according to student transfer rules laid down by the Cadence Academy of Design.
21. Issue of Enrolment/Registration Number, conduction of exams, issuance of hall tickets, declaration of results, issuance of mark sheets, certificates, diplomas, and degrees are the sole responsibilities of the University. Cadence Academy of Design is in no way responsible if the same is delayed, or not delivered or not conducted by the University.
22. For day to day communication, problems, issues, or grievances, the student shall only communicate with the local center where they have enrolled themselves.
23.Certificates/ Diplomas / Degrees etc. issued do not guarantee any kind of job or employment and neither is Cadence Academy responsible for guaranteed placements. They simply denote the successful completion of the respective courses.
24. Without the submission of the Thesis / Portfolio, the mark sheets will not be issued.
25. Re-examination: If a student fails or is not able to appear in the exam in the current session then he/she can reappear for exams after six months by paying just the Exam fee of Rs.3,000/-.
- In case the student is still not able to appear for exams (for whatever reason), and wishes to reappear after the six month period, he/she will have to pay the exam fee of Rs.3,000/- along with an additional amount of Rs.5000/-. This amount will be charged for every attempt thereon. The student can make the payment in the name of 'Himalayan University'.
26.Student Of the Month: To qualify for the student of the month, a student should have min 75% attendance, min. the total score of 60 and should fill the monthly dashboard.
27.Issue Of Free Material / Student Startup Kit
- The free start-up Kit is issued only after the Down payment is received.
- The material issued to the first year is. (Cadence Bag Pack, course Book, SketchBook, Cadence T-Shirt)
- The Material issued to Second & Third Year is ( Course Book ).
- The exam will be conducted in the English language.
- The monetary fine levied is applicable only on late payment of 'fee' as mentioned in the point No.12
28. Issue of Marksheet, Diploma , Degree, and other Documents.
- Successfully passed out Students will be issued their mark sheet once the same is issued from the concerned University.
- For any other documents like Diploma, Degree, migration, etc. students will have to apply separately to the University as per norms and charges defined by the University.
- Cadence Academy of Design Pvt. Ltd. will not be responsible for any delays in the issue of enrollment no. , conduction of exams, declaration of results, issue of mark sheets, Diploma certificate, degree certificates, or any another document which is to be issued by the University.
29. Students can request only for clarification regarding the written rules and regulations within 7 working days(only) of signing these documents, however, rules will not be amended/changed.
30. Student Of the Month: To qualify for the student of the month, a student should have min 75% attendance, min. the total score of 60 and should fill the monthly dashboard.
31. ONLINE CLASSES RULES. ( COVID-19)
1. As per UGC notification, the Academic Session begins from September-2020 for fresh students.
2. The new assessment will be on the following parameters for the VARIOUS subjects. ( ATTENDANCE, SUBMISSION, QUALITY WORK AND VIVA ) Students are required to discuss the same with their faculties in detail. A student must ensure that their records ( Attendance, Submissions, quality work mark, and VIVA ) are well maintained on the ERP system and they should regularly check the same on the CADENCE App. In case of any problems, they should give feedback or complain through the App. The above records are the basis/parameters of their marks for every subject.
3. Till the further Govt. Notice for re-opening of educational establishments all the classes will be held regularly online mode on a regular basis.
32. ADVISORY / GUIDELINES FOR MORE EFFECTIVE ONLINE CLASSES TO STUDENTS
a) Material requirements:
- Smart Phone
- Headphones / Earphones
- Smart T.V (Optional)
- Other Materials as advised by the faculty.
b) Students are advised to be dressed in formal attire and neat look.
c) Students are advised to keep their background blank in order to avoid disturbance to the other students.
d) Students are advised to sit in a place/room where there are no disturbances of any kind.
e) Students coming late more than 10 MIN, will be marked as absent.
f) Students are advised to keep their video ON all the time during the classroom otherwise they will be marked absent.
g) To have a better classroom experience it is advised to use smart T.V. for the online classes or attach the Laptop to T.V unit through HDMI Cable.
g) Students are advised to join 5 mins. before the class time.
i) Students must have a ‘Sewing Machine’ for Fashion Stream as Advised by the Faculty.
j) In the second year, Fashion students must-have ‘dress form-size 8 (34 bust)’ as advised by the Faculty.
k) Students must have Drafting Board (Half Imperial) for Interior Stream.
l) Students are required to record all the online lectures on a regular basis for their future references.
m) Saturdays will be used for doubt clearing sessions or as an activity day.
n) All Students are required do be in Cadence Unifrom ( T-Shirt ) every Saturday.
o) Any Indiscipline in the classroom will result in termination of admission.
p) For all the material sent to the student by post, the courier charges will be borne by the student.